Reproductive Health Study for Women with Bacterial Vaginosis
We are looking for healthy women with a current vaginal bacterial infection (also called bacterial vaginosis or BV) to take part in a study of a probiotic vaginal powder, LACTIN-V. LACTIN-V is an investigational drug. It is a vaginal powder made of naturally occuring Lactobacilli that may prevent the occurrence of BV.
What does the study involve?
- Six study and two telephone visits over a six month period
- Each study visit consists of a pelvic exam, blood work, and a brief history and physical
- Participants will be randomly selected to receive active BV study treatment (i.e. LACTIN-V) or placebo at no cost
- Testing for HIV and STDs
- $50 compensation for completing a screening visit
- Compensation up to $225 (including screening) provided for your time and effort
- Age 18 to 45, assigned female at birth and currently identify as female
- HIV-negative and have current or recurrent BV
- Not pregnant or breastfeeding
Interested in participating?
Please contact the study nurse, Kathy Nuffer, at (619) 543-8080 and ask about the LACTIN-V research study.
You can also complete the following form and a study representative will contact you.